Thursday, April 30, 2009

Windows 7 Release

Windows 7 - Will they get it right this time? Rumored to be more stable than Vista, Windows 7 offers hope to Microsoft devotees. Has the competition driven a more successful platform? Maybe that’s what it takes. With the publishing of the Windows 7 Release Candidate 1 to MSDN members last week, there are a myriad of people trying it out.


We like it because, "The native support for biometric sensors such as Fingerprint readers makes logging into Windows 7 a breeze," says Nick.


Brendan noticed the new UI - "The first significant taskbar changes since Windows 95," he says.


Dr. Neil wasn't pleased, "Windows 7 has some promise, there are several really nice features, such as the task bar enhancements. Unfortunately I still find myself waiting for Windows to respond to my requests for way too long. I am sick of seeing (not responding) in the title bar of the applications I am trying to run. For now OSX is still my OS of choice and once Snow Leopard ships I think Windows 7 will not be changing that."

No comments: