The Microsoft How Old? Project has been a phenomenon. The app, built to show off the new Windows 10 facial recognition API and the power of Azure cloud, uses algorithms to determine how old a user's face looks. And, understandably, it has become the definition of viral. It has grown faster than Facebook. It has even grown faster than Angry Birds. The stats speak for themselves:
- 1.2 million visitors per hour in 48 hours
- 540 million photos analysed to date
- More than 1/2 billion photos uploaded in 1 month
- 0-50 million users in just 7 days.
- Ellen even tweeted about it:
But don't stop at Ellen. THERE'S MORE.
We have exciting news: in a world first, the nsquared team is helping to bring the How Old? online experience into a real life experience.
All this work on How Old? has seemed to have weathered nsquared's faces by a few years, but stay tuned to see what this wrinkly crew has to offer.